A WALK ON THE WILDSIDE---PAUL FOSTER

hit counter

Saturday 16 July 2011

Portugal concluded

Azure Winged Magpie
Lesser Spotted Woodpecker









Kentish Plover







Rather distant Blue Rock Thrush









Spanish Iris were quite common.













Pallid Swift.


So to conclude my stay on the Algarve,I`ve posted a few images of a few of the other species that I encountered whilst out and about.Having rented a car for the week, I made full use of it travelling down to the southern most tip, Sagres.Here were Black Redstart/Blue Rockthrush,four species of Swift, including a rare Little Swift all to be observed.Further inland, away from the coast, the habitat changed to scrub and vast area of meadow were Spectacled Warblers/Tawny Pipit/Short Toed Lark/Thekla Lark, a few more pairs of Little Bustard and Iberian Yellow Wagtails were encountered.Melodious Warbler/Rock Bunting and a Hobby were to be found along a track which led to a raptor viewpoint.There really were large areas of different habitat that I came across, all offering something different!Bee orchids and Spanish Iris were seen, with many plants to difficult for me to identify.I really must brush up on plant species, but its not easy and very time consuming.With that I`ll end my account of Portugal and look forward to returning maybe in Autumn when migration will be at its peak and hopefully more images can be obtained of this wonderful place!!!!!!!!!!!!












1 comment:

  1. Paul. You had a super holiday in Portugal and I have enjoyed your accounts and images from The Algarve. Bet you can't wait to return possibly in Autumn

    ReplyDelete