A WALK ON THE WILDSIDE---PAUL FOSTER

hit counter

Sunday 15 May 2016

Moor Piece reserve.

Male Pied Flycatcher

About 9 pair bred here last year.




TreePipit,this was one of two birds present and displaying!
Redpoll
Add caption

Moor piece nature reserve on the fringes of the trough of bowland, is one of my favourite places to visit at this time of year.It is well known for its breeding Pied Flycatchers,which use the many nest boxes that are to be found within the wood.I decided on a visit there earlier this week,and was delighted to see that numerous pairs of flycatchers had safely returned from Africa, to once more set up their territories!The sound of numerous males could be heard, as I made my way through the footpaths.I picked up on an unfamiliar call from high up in the canopy...it was a tree pipit also proclaiming territory.I knew that they had bred in the woods previously,but never managed to see them.The bird was calling non stop and even did its display flight from its lofty perch,,fantastic.Another bird was also found calling about 100 metres away.and I had good views of this too!Iv'e put together a few images of the morning and hope that you enjoy these wonderful birds!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Paul with wonderful images of some not so common birds.

    ReplyDelete